Database Change Management
Database Change Management
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 DB Ghost Support Forum
 Full-Text Search is not enabled for the current da
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

McMarkis

11 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  10:51:31  Show Profile Send McMarkis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

I used packager plus (5.0.0.949) to create an exe. I then used this exe to upgrade an existing database (SQL2000). I receive a full-text search not enabled error.

However we don't use any full-text indexes. This happens on about 3 or 4 tables in which we changed the length of a varchar column.

This was from the log:

<ERROR>
5/21/2009 10:17:42 AM...Cannot alter column [dbo].[IssueTypes].[TextValue]
5/21/2009 10:17:42 AM...Cannot alter column [dbo].[IssueTypes].[TextValue]
5/21/2009 10:17:42 AM...Full-Text Search is not enabled for the current database. Use sp_fulltext_database to enable Full-Text Search.
5/21/2009 10:17:42 AM...</ERROR>

Just wondering if there is something im missing. Should I unchecck the full text catalogs during the configuration options?

I also used the model database as the template, not sure if that causes a problem.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

leachm

125 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  10:57:03  Show Profile  Click to see leachm's MSN Messenger address Send leachm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

What is defined against those columns on the source database that you originally created the exe from?

The most likely explanation is that they have been marked for full text indexing at some point and the installer is attempting to replicate that attribute on the target database which doesn't have full text indexing enabled...
Go to Top of Page

McMarkis

11 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  11:14:17  Show Profile Send McMarkis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The source database is scripts in the file system. I have attached the table script in question

IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM dbo.sysobjects WHERE id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[IssueSettlementsDataPhile]') AND OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsTable') = 1)
DROP TABLE [dbo].[IssueSettlementsDataPhile]
GO

SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
SET ANSI_PADDING ON
GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[IssueSettlementsDataPhile](
[IssueID] [int] NOT NULL,
[CodedTrailer1] [varchar] (20) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,
[CodedTrailer2] [varchar] (20) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,
[CodedTrailer3] [varchar] (20) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL,
[FreeFormTrailer] [varchar] (20) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

SET ANSI_PADDING OFF
GO

Im not sure how something is marked for full text indexing. I am assuming it would be an alter statement after the creation of the table.
Go to Top of Page

leachm

125 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  06:53:55  Show Profile  Click to see leachm's MSN Messenger address Send leachm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It doesn't look like you have fulltext defined but it is a separate command:

CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX ON....

So it might be in another script - could you do a text search of your scripts directory to make sure nothing is defined please?

If there defintely isn't anything there then could you upgrade to the latest version of DB Ghost and recreate the installer and retry please? If that still fails then we can try to reproduce the issue here and get it into the issues system.

Edited by - leachm on 05/22/2009 06:54:26
Go to Top of Page

McMarkis

11 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  10:59:22  Show Profile Send McMarkis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just an FYI this was fixed once I upgraded to the latest version.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Database Change Management © Copyright 2005 Innovartis Ltd. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2