Database Change Management
Database Change Management
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 DB Ghost Support Forum
 Alter Table
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

masson

4 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  08:23:58  Show Profile  Send masson a Yahoo! Message Send masson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have dbghost v4. I need to know if when i'm running dbghost i can avoid alter some specific tables. Thank you.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

leachm

125 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  11:09:09  Show Profile  Click to see leachm's MSN Messenger address Send leachm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately there is no way to avoid updating specific objects on the target database as this goes against the ethos of what DB Ghost is trying to do - all objects should be updated to match the source code, if some are ignored then the process is broken in terms of assuring that a target DB matches a baselined set of source code.

Can you shed any more light on your situation, maybe we could suggest an alternative approach?

Regards,
Malc
Go to Top of Page

jon.woolgar

105 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  09:58:04  Show Profile  Visit jon.woolgar's Homepage Send jon.woolgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
However the version 5 GUI has a “Question each change before synchronising or applying to the SQL delta” option. This is really only needed when your change control process lets you down.

It is always better (my view only) if you have a specific change to deliver you should ideally create a specific baseline for a schema in that exact condition. So you have it in stone and can always compare sync with reference to it in the future. Trying to track which changes from a delta went where is a tricky path.

Regards Jon W
(Innovartis)
Go to Top of Page

masson

4 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  02:13:34  Show Profile  Send masson a Yahoo! Message Send masson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, i have more details. We have an application that is using this database. The application is used by several clients, that should have particular tables (different from one client to another). So, this particular tables should remain unaltered after running DBGhost.
Thank you very much for support.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Database Change Management © Copyright 2005 Innovartis Ltd. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2