Database Change Management
Database Change Management
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 DB Ghost Support Forum
 Packager Plus Requires Activation?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mario

10 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  09:04:38  Show Profile Send mario a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a customer who is trying to run the .exe we created with Packager Plus and they are getting an error message.

" DB Ghost 5.0 requires activation. This wizard will guide you through the activation process "

This isn't happening with any of our other customers running this .exe any idea what the problem is?

Here is the output from the log.

05/04/2011 14:03:30...***********************************************************************************************************************
05/04/2011 14:03:30...Running (_OMSDB_Builder) version 1.0.0.1
05/04/2011 14:03:30...Using (Innovartis.DBGhost.CompAndSyncAPI) version 5.0.0.1232
05/04/2011 14:03:30...
05/04/2011 14:03:30...Building packaged database
05/04/2011 14:03:30...
05/04/2011 14:03:30...Running SQL Database Build scripts
05/04/2011 14:03:30...Creating Database TEST
05/04/2011 14:03:31...Finished creating Database TEST
05/04/2011 14:03:31...Adding Database schema and data
05/04/2011 14:05:38...Finished adding Database schema and data
05/04/2011 14:05:38...

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

dbghost

66 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  04:38:38  Show Profile  Visit dbghost's Homepage Send dbghost a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

This will be tough to figure out what is going on at a customer machine. First Iwould recommend trying the latest versiuon of PackagerPlus to make the package.

Is their machine different in some way, does it have a special regional setting different to your other customers? Are they on a different OS to your other customers?

One thought....

Make sure they are not trying to run it anywhere below their "Programs Folder". Also make sure you have not included the word "install" or "installer" in the name of the exe. You don't want to trigger windows inataller detection or any windows virtual store logic.

Finally...

Is there a LicensingError.txt file created in the folder where they ran the package?
Go to Top of Page

mario

10 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  11:44:42  Show Profile Send mario a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My regional setting is French with a French keyboard layout.
I ran it from my Desktop, from the network and from “my document”.
The file name is the one provided by your team and is “OMSDB_Builder.exe”

There is a error file and I am sending it to you. As you will see the first error is in French and says:
“The translation of some or all of the identity references is not possible”

here is the contents of the log

Licensing Error: System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException: Impossible de traduire certaines ou toutes les références d'identité.
à System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
à System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(Type targetType)
à System.Security.AccessControl.CommonObjectSecurity.ModifyAccess(AccessControlModification modification, AccessRule rule, Boolean& modified)
à System.Security.AccessControl.CommonObjectSecurity.AddAccessRule(AccessRule rule)
à bi.A()
à bn.M()
à _OMSDB_Builder.Installer.InitializeLicense()
Go to Top of Page

mario

10 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  11:46:47  Show Profile Send mario a Private Message  Reply with Quote
here is the above license error converted from French using translate.google

Licensing Error: System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException: Unable to translate some or all identity references.
to System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate (IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
to System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate (Type targetType)
to System.Security.AccessControl.CommonObjectSecurity.ModifyAccess (AccessControlModification amendment AccessRule rule, Boolean & modified)
to System.Security.AccessControl.CommonObjectSecurity.AddAccessRule (AccessRule rule)
to bi.A ()
to bn.M ()
to _OMSDB_Builder.Installer.InitializeLicense ()
Go to Top of Page

dbghost

66 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  17:51:06  Show Profile  Visit dbghost's Homepage Send dbghost a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also I should have asked what OS is that machine?
Go to Top of Page

dbghost

66 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  18:31:34  Show Profile  Visit dbghost's Homepage Send dbghost a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe this error is caused because your built in Users group name has been localized to French. You may be able to get around this by creating a user group called "Users" and adding your login to it.

The underlying bug would appear to be in the Microsoft Software Licensing and Protection Services' ConfigurePermissions() method.

If this is the cause we might be able to work round it in our code.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Database Change Management © Copyright 2005 Innovartis Ltd. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2