Database Change Management
Database Change Management
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 DB Ghost Support Forum
 License key entry for Windows Local System account
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

David Dilworth

4 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  04:58:15  Show Profile Send David Dilworth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We're trying to automate our build process on our build server (using JetBrains TeamCity) and we have hit a slight problem. The account the build agent runs under is the built-in Windows "Local System" account (i.e. not a defined user account).

If we run ChangeManager.exe to enter the license key, then it is applied using the profile of the user that started the application (i.e. the domain admin account used to access the server).

When we run the build it says the software is not licensed, because the build is running under the Local System account.

Is there any way to enter the license key for the DBGhost software that will allow it to run under the Local System account?

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

jon.woolgar

105 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  06:04:19  Show Profile  Visit jon.woolgar's Homepage Send jon.woolgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
David,

Yes if you copy the .lic file from
C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\Innovartis\DBGhostLicenseFiles
to the program folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\DB Ghost

It will work for the builtin accounts.

Regards Jon W
(Innovartis)
Go to Top of Page

David Dilworth

4 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  06:54:38  Show Profile Send David Dilworth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have just tried that and it didn't work. Is there something else we need to do? Does the working folder have to be the DBGhost program files folder for instance?

Here's the directory listing of the folder on the build server ...

Volume in drive C is System
Volume Serial Number is A8D7-F941

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\DB Ghost

17/10/2012  11:38    <DIR>          .
17/10/2012  11:38    <DIR>          ..
27/06/2012  10:07            25,214 ChangeManager.ico
27/06/2012  10:10            19,456 ChangeManagerCmd.exe
11/09/2012  13:30               195 ChngMngrPrf(5)Grey Matter Ltd. (for EasyJet).lic
27/06/2012  10:11         3,412,212 DBGhostHelp.chm
04/01/2007  17:39         2,420,736 DevComponents.DotNetBar2.dll
(rest of the file listing deleted)

...and here's the command line output from the build agent ...
You must be logged in to see this link. or email support@innovartis.co.uk [11:40:33][Step 1/4] Enter to continue... [11:40:33][Step 1/4] STOP: No License and No console. [11:40:33][Step 1/4] Process exited with code 1 [11:40:33][Step 1/4] Step Build easyJetRms database (Command Line) failed
Go to Top of Page

jon.woolgar

105 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  07:04:02  Show Profile  Visit jon.woolgar's Homepage Send jon.woolgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes good thinking, that could be it I've not noticed that before.

Regards Jon W
(Innovartis)
Go to Top of Page

David Dilworth

4 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  11:29:00  Show Profile Send David Dilworth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So we've tried various ways to get that working, including running the command from the program files folder, but with no success. We always get the message that DBGhost is not licensed. Any thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

jon.woolgar

105 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2012 :  04:43:44  Show Profile  Visit jon.woolgar's Homepage Send jon.woolgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you email me your license file please? jon.woolgar@innovartis.co.uk

The code looks for *.lic like this:

path = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetName().CodeBase;
path = System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(path);
path = path.Replace("file:\\", "");
files = Directory.GetFiles(path, "*.lic");

This code is in the Features Assembly which will be in you DBG program folder.

Does your .bat file work if you runn it as a normal user?

Is Windows VirtualStore causing the .lic file you copied to the programs folder to only be seen by the user that copied it there?

Regards Jon W
(Innovartis)
Go to Top of Page

David Dilworth

4 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2012 :  04:54:46  Show Profile Send David Dilworth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes the batch file works fine using the build agent account.

We're going to try splitting our build into 2 distinct build configurations: one that runs under the build agent account and one that runs under Local System. That way we can run them on different build servers, but chain them together using build artifacts.

I'll post back after we've tried that with the results.
Go to Top of Page

cindyjohn

2 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2012 :  21:36:38  Show Profile Send cindyjohn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok i know

I am a spammer and Pandora Charms sell rubbish cheap and nasty tacky trinkets and uses forum spamming in a pathetic attempt to get you to look at their website.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Database Change Management © Copyright 2005 Innovartis Ltd. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2