Database Change Management
Database Change Management
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 DB Ghost Support Forum
 SQL Server 2005 Support
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RWhitehead

11 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  04:50:24  Show Profile Send RWhitehead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does DB Ghost support SQL Server 2005?

Thanx,
Ross

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Mark Baekdal

88 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  15:07:22  Show Profile  Visit Mark Baekdal's Homepage Send Mark Baekdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes.

It supports all of the SQL2000 features in SQL2005 and we'll be fully compatible with the new features arriving all the time before the end of the first quarter of 2006.

regards,
Mark Baekdal
You must be logged in to see this link.
+44 (0)208 241 1762
Build, Comparison and Synchronization from Source Control = Database change management for SQL Server

Go to Top of Page

RWhitehead

11 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  19:17:58  Show Profile Send RWhitehead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am assuming that when you say Q1 2006 that that is the calendar, i.e.: before end of March 2006.

Is it likely that a beta/early adopter version will be available prior to the Q1 2006 release date?
Go to Top of Page

Mark Baekdal

88 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  23:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Mark Baekdal's Homepage Send Mark Baekdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
our policy is to introduce very small updates to the code with minor increments to the version number. We make the change, we regression test, we then update our testing and then we release notifying anyone who is interested in the new feature or bug fix. Once we have all the features coded we increment the major version number. This way we have very little chance of breaking the code as we are only doing small releases - just alot of them. Being as our testing and release process is extremely efficient (funnily enough we're very passionate about streamlined, automated testing and deployment) we aren't slowed using this approach - more the opposite. If by any chance a release is made and is faulty it is very quickly rolled back and corrected. This only takes a matter of hours not days.

By April 2005 we'll have all the new features that are shipped with 2005 covered. If there's a feature you're particularly interested in, let us know and we'll let you know as soon as this has been implemented in the solution.

regards,
Mark Baekdal
+44 (0)208 241 1762
Build, Comparison and Synchronization from Source Control = Database change management for SQL Server

Go to Top of Page

OrenT

1 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  10:17:27  Show Profile Send OrenT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The sp_create_insert_statements.sql script seems to fail under SQL Server 2005.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Baekdal

88 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  14:28:52  Show Profile  Visit Mark Baekdal's Homepage Send Mark Baekdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid we won't be supporting procedure for SQL 2005. You could ask the original author as mentioned in the comments...

regards,
Mark Baekdal
+44 (0)208 241 1762

Go to Top of Page

stahta01

1 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  14:42:29  Show Profile Send stahta01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Author has an 2005 version on his site

Tim S
Go to Top of Page

MGimera

2 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  14:04:49  Show Profile Send MGimera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your site mentions that you are now supporting SQL 2005. This thread seems to indicate there is more work to do. What is the status of SQL 2005 support? Also are you able to compare and synchronize at the individual object level or just by obect type? Thanks.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Mark Baekdal

88 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  14:20:53  Show Profile  Visit Mark Baekdal's Homepage Send Mark Baekdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We support SQL 2005 in the current release (4.5) when it comes to the common objects between 2000 and 2005 - that is to say it is backward compatible. This is the development path to having the applications fully 2005 compatible.

regards,
Mark Baekdal
+44 (0)208 241 1762

Go to Top of Page

PRMan

4 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  06:40:23  Show Profile  Visit PRMan's Homepage Send PRMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am getting a problem with a View created in SQL2005 which starts with

select (top 100)

SQL2005 keeps putting the parens around it and apparently SQL2000 doesn't allow that or something.

Now, I tried to set up a SQL2005 instance which my machine called machinename\SQLEXPRESS, and now when I press Process I am getting a dialog that says "Type mismatch" and it ends.
Go to Top of Page

MGimera

2 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  14:06:55  Show Profile Send MGimera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mark. Earlier post slates April for fully 2005 compatible. Is this on target and when will you have all 2005 objects supported?

Mark
Go to Top of Page

leachm

125 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  04:23:20  Show Profile  Click to see leachm's MSN Messenger address Send leachm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

We are currently on target to fully support SQL 2005 by the end of March.

Kind regards,

Malcolm Leach
+44 (0)208 241 1762
Go to Top of Page

hitesh.aneja

5 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  06:53:10  Show Profile Send hitesh.aneja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I m using DBGhost for sql server 2005 and in the syncronisation process it gives me error like this. . .

dbo.EventNotificationErrorsQueue : [SQL-DMO]The name 'EventNotificationErrorsQueue' was not found in the UserDefinedFunctions collection. If the name is a qualified name, use [] to separate various parts of the name, and try again.

Does somebody knows what is causing this error, its Urgent.

Thanks in Advance
Go to Top of Page

leachm

125 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  07:07:32  Show Profile  Click to see leachm's MSN Messenger address Send leachm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please see my reply on the other post.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Database Change Management © Copyright 2005 Innovartis Ltd. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2